Monday, August 22, 2011

Rush Job

For this assignment I have to model and texture something within the next 2 days. So far I firmly believe I have shot myself in the foot.

This is with 6 hours in, I need to build a few more pipes for good measure and UV Map/Texture.

It's an interesting one because I'm trying to focus on detailing more of the specific pieces.

Currently at 12777 Faces/27153 Triangles here is "The Logging Industries New Toy."

From Blog_Uploads

Monday, August 15, 2011

Ooh man, only 1 month left of school.

Things are hectic right now, I'm currently learning particles and spending a lot of time researching the business end of the Games Industry. Updates will be short and sweet, and hopefully I'll have a lot more presentable work near the end. It's demo reel time after all!

Here's my most recent, it's an attempt at modeling a female using reference for Natalie Portman. I'm not particularly happy about the face at this stage, and plan to rebuild the feet before I UV Map and texture this. Then we'll test the animation phase!

Currently sitting at 5447 Faces/10683 Triangles. There will be some more added for the ears and feet revision. Hope you enjoy!

From Blog_Uploads

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Getting a bit sidetracked...

So the dragon is now getting much closer to completion, but I've been spending most of my spare time working on my truck so I can have it ready to commute everyday to work in September (Graduation). Needless to say, I'm very excited.

In the last week or so I've switched from ZBrush to Mudbox due to the painting methods. Texturing is amazing in Mudbox! Beats ZBrush and Photoshop any day.

Here's two updates of my most recent work that is somewhat presentable.

The Dragon is still under production, but I'm focusing on rigging it at this moment, hoping to bring out an awesome animation for my demo reel. Unfortunately I need to remap just a few UV's to get the tail correct.

From Blog_Uploads

And now the UT3 character I've been working on. The rig is complete and functioning beautifully, but the current focus is getting a nice texture on here. I want to give this guy a nice damaged look, and try to give him a 'rebel' style. Note that these are works in progress.

From July 27, 2011

That's all I have to update at the moment, I'll show some of my other work when it gets further along. One of them is a high poly recreation of my bedroom, but it's a bit awkward trying to model every wire that I have in here. It's just about a fire hazard.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Drakonis Mascot in the Making?

I've been so busy with everything that I haven't really gotten around to updating the blog. For all those job seekers, it just means I spend more time producing than social networking *hint hint*.

Anyhow, with the start of a new semester I've been building up a new game concept centralized around the Chaos Theory (as per the butterfly effect), and transforming environments and events based on sanity (mechanics still being refined before programmed).

Also, I've began working on a character to test out in Unreal 3, here's a quick video loop showing the walk cycle (still having issues with IK's, may have to rebuild the rig). I know the leg is popping, but I have some other issues to deal out first.

I've made some weapons aswell, shown here. The concept art was provided from the Warhammer Online website.
From Blog_Uploads

And finally, my current progress on the Drakonis mascot. After 12 hours.

From Blog_Uploads

Friday, April 29, 2011

Ah, delays. WIP Update

So I haven't updated for a while, been working quite a bit and unfortunately don't have much to show for it.

But, I have 2 more weeks to complete this UDK level, and I've decided that the theme is Command and Conquer. Lots of work to do, probably looks a bit dirty atm, but here's the current stage.

From Blog_Uploads

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Some beats for the retro boys.

ytcracker - sf2k10 (c&v.d demo) by ytcracker

Woke up to hear this beat. Pretty inspirational for the inner nerd ;)

Alright, so I've missed the last 3 days of school due to various (albeit stupid) reasons. In the extra time at home, I've been diving into educating myself on python and trying to lock on to an efficient work flow. It's a slow start, but things seem to be picking up as I go.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tank Complete

Finished the tank with a base texture, will probably redo the texture a bit better, but no time atm. Here's the current stage.

From Blog_Uploads